- Teach people to become mindful of their eating behaviors, replace weight loss-motivated exercise with health-oriented, joyful movement, and compassionately transform their critical voices into supportive allies.
- Address people’s beliefs about health, body size, and the importance of positively re-imagining their own beauty.
- Tailor your clinical approach based on your strength and values and the population you serve.
- Support your clients to embody powerful resources that will make them feel vibrant and alive in their bodies, freeing them to focus on their life purpose.
Professionals who have completed this training will be qualified to purchase and teach the comprehensive Be Body Positive curriculum in schools, private practice groups, and other community settings.
LOCATION: FAU Lynn College of Nursing
CE HOURS OFFERED: 7
$65 Student Rate
BEFORE SEPTEMBER 16
$65 iaedp Member Early Bird Rate
$75 iaedp Non Member Early Bird Rate
AFTER SEPTEMBER 16
$85 iaedp Member
$95 iaedp Member
Atlanta’s IAEDP Chapter presents Fall Seminar
Featuring Dr. Melissa McLain with Oliver Pyatt Treatment Centers and Dr. Nicole Siegfried with Castlewood at The Highlands Center for Eating Disorders. This all day event features 5 continuing education units and networking opportunities.
8:30am-9:00am: Registration and Networking
9:00am- 11:45am: The Power of Connection: Social Media and It’s Impact on Neurobiology in the Adolescent Brain- Presented by Melissa McLain, Ph.D, CEDS
11:45am-1:00pm: Networking lunch provided by IAEDP- Atlanta Chapter
1:00pm-3:45pm: Cultivating Hope in Eating Disorder Treatment- Presented by Nicole Siegfried, Ph.D, CEDS
An iaedp NY 2015 quarterly event presented by Dr. Ovidio Bermudez of Eating Recovery Center
This presentation will review the epidemiological and clinical aspects of the dual diagnosis of Eating Disorders and Diabetes. Dr. Bermudez will discuss important specifics of this condition such as risk factors, diagnosis and treatment. To conclude, Dr. Bermudez will present relevant, practical management steps in working with these patients, outlining important clinical considerations and future directions for the diagnosis.
8:30 AM Board Meeting
Atlanta iaedp Chapter invites you to their Masquerade Ball!
“BEHIND THE MASK” First Annual Gala
“Choose a mask and wear it well, your true identity, no one can tell.”
October 18, 2015
Location: Historic Naylor Hall – Roswell, GA
$50 per person/ $90 per couple
Tickets and Sponsorship available by visiting www.atlantaiaedp.com
We’re located all over the United States and internationally but if we’re not near you, let us know and maybe you can be instrumental in establishing our next new Chapter. You have what it takes and we are here to help you step-by-step.
iaedp Chapters are currently in the following states:
- Arizona – Phoenix, Tucson
- Connecticut – Southern Connecticut
- California – Los Angeles, Central Coast, San Diego, Orange County, San Francisco Bay Area, SoCal Inland Empire
- Colorado – Denver
- Florida – Miami, South Florida, Tampa Bay, Central Florida
- Georgia – Atlanta
- Illinois – Heartland
- Massachusetts – Metro Boston
- New York – New York City
- Oregon – Willamette Vallley
- Pennsylvania – Philadelphia
- Rhode Island – Rhode Island
- Texas – Dallas
- Utah – Utah
- Virginia – Fredericksburg
- Washington – Puget Sound, Southeast Washington
- and we’re growing!
We also have an International Chapter with members representing several countries around the world, including Africa, Argentina, Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Honduras, Italy, India, Jamaica, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru and Spain.